Pursuit of happiness is our unalienable right; but how can we achieve it? Here is my quick summary of what we can do to achieve our goal based on an article I read recently.
10 amazingly simple things you can do to increase your happiness quotient :)
1. Regular exercise – even a little can make a difference with countless benefits!
2. Adequate Sleep – in addition to all the other benefits including recharging, recovery, and relaxation, it also helps us be happy and more positive.
3. Live close to work – the stress of long commute builds up; better job, higher pay or bigger home just don’t make up for the daily drag.
4. Schedule time with family and friends – ultimately, the important things that matter in life are our relationships with others.
5. Commune with Mother Nature – natural environments like the forests, beaches, mountains, gardens, etc are the best for maximum happiness; so get your 20 minutes of fresh air every morning or evening when the weather is cool!
6. Service to others – do little or big deeds of kindness every day as part of daily living so that it becomes our second nature!
7. Smile! – even if you don’t feel like it, put your heart into it and practice smiling like you mean it with your whole face anyway :). It works!
8. Plan your dream vacation – even if you cannot follow through with it right away, the act of planning and the anticipation are apparently the best parts of a vacation!
9. Meditation – regular meditation permanently alters the brain and promotes happiness in addition to myriad other benefits.
10. Exercise gratitude – genuine gratitude increases happiness, appreciation, and life satisfaction.
Lastly, and best of all: Getting old makes us happier!!! According to research, people seek out situations that lift their moods as they age. So, we needn't be afraid of growing older – we can look forward to being more positive as we grow older, wiser, and - happier! Be Happy!