1. Smile at Self in mirror
2. Sit and breathe deeply for 5 minutes
3. Think 3 good thoughts about Self (at least 3)
“You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” – Dr. Seuss
“Be yourself…everyone else is taken.” – Oscar Wilde
Have a great day J
- Clear out old unhealthy habits and replace them with new healthy ones - take stock of your exercise and eating habits. "Nothing endures but change." - Heraclitus
- Discard feelings of anger and guilt- throw out old grudges; forgive yourself. "Compassion for myself is the most powerful healer of them all." - Theodore Isaac Rubin
- Squeeze in simple pleasures - invest time in enjoying nature and the beauty around us. I have found that nothing can ease my tension or worry better than a few minutes or hours spent in the garden. When I see that the tiniest amount of effort producing so much beauty, it is very satisfying beyond thinking. "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
- Nip negative thoughts in the bud - concentrate on uplifting and optimistic thoughts. "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi
- Make time for friendships - connect with friends old and new. We lost a friend not long ago. We had plans to meet and spend time together but before we could meet, she became ill and the illness progressed very quickly and claimed her life. I can see that time does not wait for us but we have to make time to do the things that are important to us.
- Invest in your spirit - allow time for daily introspection and some form of relaxation with deep breathing such as yoga and meditation. "I need to take an emotional breath, step back, and remind myself who's actually in charge of my life." - Judith Knowlton
- Burnish selflessness - volunteer in your community. Turning your attention towards others deeply enriches of your own life.